FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 3rd, 2017
Targa Bambina concluded this afternoon with dozens of participants, including drivers and volunteers, finishing the competition in Parker’s Cove on the Burin Peninsula, and hundreds of observers viewing the event in the community.
Today’s competition saw the drivers and navigators take on the stages in both Rushoon and Parker’s Cove.
We did have a vehicle off in the final stage of today’s event, but the occupants are ok.
Andrew Warren and George Gouzvaris of Marystown took home the overall title (see separate news release for the details), giving them the opportunity to compete at the major Targa NL event September 10th through 15th.
The event’s complete results are as follows:
2-Wheel Drive Classic category
- Andrew Warren and George Gouvaris 1990 Ford Mustang Cobra
- Mike Mercer and Corey Prosser 1992 Mazda Miata
- Lee Hayward and Mike Hayward 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback
All-Wheel Drive Classic category
- Dave Robinson and Tobias Bourdeau 1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac
2-Wheel Drive Modern category
- Justin Soo and Mitchell Ryall 2007 Chevy Corvette
- Danny Alyward and Jeff Gorich 2015 Chevy Camaro
- Dan Joannis and Brad Warren 2006 VW Jetta 2.5
All-Wheel Drive Modern category
- Josh Collins and Matt Collins 2002 Subaru WRX
- Len Pike and Clark Hancock 2012 Subaru STI
- Gordon Maxwell and Wayne Lorenzen 2012 Mitsubishi Evo MR Touring
The Sportsmanship Award for the non-competitive Fast Tour division went to Nancy Levo and John Robinson from Nova Scotia.
For information on Targa Newfoundland and its events, please visit targanfld.com.
Media Relations Coordinator, Targa Newfoundland